Saturday 4 November 2017

Skull Card

This week I have taken delivery of some awesome new stamps and stencils from Visible Image. If you're a regular reader of my blog you will know what a huge fan I am of their stamps, but now they have branched into stencils too I am really looking forward to taking my projects to another level and playing with them.
Today I have had a go with Skull Shadow, teamed with a sentiment from Tomorrow Doesn't Exist, exploring my dark side in a message from the grave type way. I really think they just work together so well!

I must confess, this project was a bit of a happy accident. I had some old distress crackle paint that I attempted painting through the stencil over a card coloured with distress oxides. It didn't crackle right as was a bit gloopy so I tried heat setting it as an experiment. It bubbled and crackled away, and then the magic happened and some amazing texture was the result. 

I reapplied the mask to protect the inked area, then used gilding polish in black and purple to add depth and emphasised the edges with a charcoal pencil to finish it off. 


It just goes to show- there are no mistakes in crafting. This could so easily have ended up in the bin but with a bit of patience and reworking it turned out better than I could have imagined!

Challenges:


Thanks for popping by. I'll be back with another project very soon!

Lynda 
xx







5 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card! I love all the gorgeous textures you have created and the colours work so beautifully! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us gain.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it so much... I made it mine <3
    Thank you again it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous effect and love the gilding polishes-----Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be perfect in our challenge at -http://ainkymess.blogspot.co.uk/
    carol x

    ReplyDelete