Friday 26 January 2018

Visible Image Birthday Card Using Time Sets

I don't know about you, but I always find male birthday cards are a bit of a challenge. That's one of the reasons that I love my stamp collection from Visible Image  so much. Their stamps are really unique and definitely appeal to my inky grungy side. 

This is a card I made last night for my brother in laws upcoming birthday. I used stamps from their Ahead of Our Time, Somewhere in Time, Scripted Streets, and Destination Unknown sets, which were stamped over a background created with Distress Oxide inks. A touch of Frantage powder added a little extra interest over the top. 


I'm so pleased that Helen and Mark had such an amazing and successful time at Creativation at the weekend, but I am glad they are safely back home now and back to work as I am waiting for some more stamps to arrive from their new release. How exciting!

Challenges:


22 comments:

  1. I liked your background while you were creating it Lynda, I love it now that it's finished and made into a card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Sue. Can't beat oxides for an interesting background x

      Delete
  2. Masculine cards are a challenge for me as well -- you knocked it out of the park with this one though! Great background! Glad you linked this up to The House That Stamps Built this week! Do join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Brilliant male card, love the vintage style and your images and colours. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room - Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Lynda! Love the inky background and layered stamping. Those Visible Image stamps are on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing stamps. I bagged them in the sale so had a real result! Visible Image are my favourite. Treat yourself- you won't regret it! x

      Delete
  5. Oooo . . . awesome masculine card! That background is fabulous and I love the addition of the frantage. I'm going to have to keep that in mind. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I really like the background you've created with all those blended colours. Fab focal image too! Thanks so much for playing along with the vintage theme at The Male Room. Deborah. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, I love this and thanks for sharing with us at the CRAFT challenge this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this! The design & colors are awesome! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and design...thank you for joining us at ATSM- challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda you are so right about male cards. I do believe you have mastered the art. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon! DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the grunge - thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic vintage card you made :-)) I like your stamps.
    Thank you for sharing with us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Addicts Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete